The Ford Company’s reputation for safety standards stands head-and-shoulders above the rest. With continued breakthroughs in technology and safety, our standards of today are light-years ahead of where they were even three years ago. At Lincoln Heights Ford on Richmond Road, your safety is always our priority.
Ford has many innovative safety technologies standard on most of our vehicles to make driving safer. By using cameras and sensors embedded within the car, our driver assistance technologies provide you with valuable information on your surroundings so that you can make knowledgeable and safe decisions while you drive.
The Ford Co-Pilot360 System
This system, which includes multiple highway-friendly safety features, comes standard on most 2020 models; however, it is important to ask your salesperson about availability for the model you are interested in and about additional add-on features that may enhance your experience.
The Ford Co-Pilot360 System includes the following innovative safety features:
- Pre-Collision Assist With Automatic Emergency Braking - This standard feature scans the road ahead and can alert you to potential collisions with vehicles or pedestrians it detects in your path. If an object is detected, a warning flashes on the windshield and an alarm sounds. If you are alerted and take no action, the brakes are applied automatically. The brakes are only used if you need them - not if you don’t.
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert - Active even when you’re not moving, radar systems on either side of your car detect when a vehicle is present and in your blind spot. A light comes on in the corresponding side-view mirror to alert you to the car you may not be able to see. *This system only detects motorized vehicles, not bikes, walkers, or other objects.* Cross-Traffic Alert warns you a moving car is coming from either side when you’re backing up with three alerts: a light on the corresponding side-view mirror, a chime, and a message in the message center.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go - This feature functions like standard cruise control with one exception: adaptive cruise control maintains a comfortable preset distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. Using radar technology, your car constantly scans for cars in front of you. In heavy traffic, your vehicle will also slow down to a stop should the vehicles ahead of you come to a halt. When traffic picks back up, your car will automatically begin to follow, maintaining your preset preferences. You no longer have to worry about stop-and-go. Set your preferences - and just go!
- Evasive Steering Assist - This available feature can help make it easier to avoid a potential collision. Using camera and radar sensor technology, this feature will apply active braking should it be required. If action still needs to be taken, the system doesn’t steer for you, but it provides steering support if the system warning goes off and you need to maneuver around the stopped or slowed object ahead.
- Lane-Keeping System - This feature uses cameras to scan lane markings ahead of you and has three modes to help keep you safe. Lane-Keeping Aid applies torque to help you stay in the center of your lane. Lane-Keeping Alert vibrates the steering wheel, alerting you to the fact you’re drifting out of your lane. Driver Alert sends out a warning in the message center after a series of repeated lane drift incidents to remind you to pull over and take a break.
- Auto High Beam Headlights - Offered as a standard feature, the auto beam headlights can sense poor lighting conditions and automatically turn on to increase visibility. It’s a real plus for highway driving, as it also senses when another vehicle is coming from the opposite direction and dims automatically.
Although the Head-Up Display is not technically a part of the Ford Co-Pilot360 series, it is a standard feature on most models and works in beautiful partnership with the safety features with the Ford Co-Pilot360 series.
Your eyes should always be on the road. Therefore, we created the Head-Up Display, which displays images on a screen in front of you as you look through the windshield. You’ll receive information about current speed, navigation, and information regarding your pre-collision assist and adaptive cruise control. This available feature is perfect for first-time drivers or consistent commuters. When used in conjunction with the features within the Ford Co-Pilot360 system, it is a boon to any driver.
Now, maybe more than ever before, we are all concerned about safety. The Ford Company takes great pride in our new technologies and systems designed with your safety in mind.
Ask one of our professionally trained salespeople at Lincoln Heights Ford about all these safety features. If they don’t come standard on the vehicle you’re interested in, let’s find a way to add them. We are sure you’ll feel more safe and confident behind the wheel as a result.