Like most Ottawans, your sales team at Lincoln Heights on Richmond Road knows how to be prepared for all contingencies. We know all about winterizing. We know how to handle emergencies.
We also know that to feel confident about driving in inclement weather, having all the latest technologies and safety features at your fingertips makes a world of difference.
Your eyes should always be on the road. This is even more true when you are driving under difficult conditions. The Head-Up Display is available on most models and is designed to show images on a display screen in front of you as you look through the windshield. You’ll receive images including current speed, navigation, and information regarding your pre-collision assist and adaptive cruise control. This available feature is perfect for first-time drivers or consistent commuters.
Selectable Drive Modes
This feature is not standard on most models; however, for those of us driving on challenging surfaces, it’s worth every penny as an add-on. Designed to help improve your overall experience and handling on road surfaces, the modes available for selection - normal, eco, slippery, sport, and deep snow/sand - modify the electronic stability control system and traction control system, giving you extra confidence as you drive.
Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
You may think Rain-Sensing Wipers seem more like a luxury than a safety feature. However, if you find yourself in a sudden storm, these wipers are invaluable. As soon as moisture is sensed on the windshield, these wipers activate, providing you with a clean and clear windshield. Besides, who said you can’t have both luxury and safety, too?
WAZE Technology Innovation
Available on most vehicles, this accessory is just another way we try to keep your drive safe (and convenient). With WAZE technology, you can outsmart traffic by sharing information to get the best routes, receive real-time alerts about accidents, road hazards, and traffic jams. This system can be operated through your vehicle’s touchscreen, as well as through voice commands for hands-free control.
The Ford Co-Pilot 360 System
It’s hard to beat the Ford Co-Pilot 360 system for inclement (and everyday) weather. This system, which includes multiple highway-friendly safety features, comes standard on most 2020 models; however, it is important to ask your salesperson about availability for the model you are interested in, and about additional add-on features that may enhance your experience.
The Ford Co-Pilot 360 System includes the following innovative safety features:
- Pre-Collision Assist With Automatic Emergency Braking - This standard feature scans the road ahead and can alert you to potential collisions with vehicles or pedestrians it detects in your path. If an object is detected a warning flashes on the windshield and an alarm sounds. If you are alerted and take no action, the brakes are applied automatically. The brakes are only applied if you need them - not if you don’t.
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert - Active even when you’re not moving, radar systems on either side of your car detect when a car is present and in your blind spot. A light comes on the corresponding side-view mirror to alert you to the vehicle you may not be able to see. *This system only detects motorized vehicles, not bikes, walkers, or other objects.* Cross-Traffic Alert warns you a moving car is coming from either side when you’re backing up with three alerts: a light on the corresponding side-view mirror, a chime, and a message in the message sensor.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go - This functions like cruise control with one exception: adaptive cruise control maintains a comfortable preset distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. Using radar technology, your car uses radar technology to constantly scan for vehicles in front of you. In heavy traffic, your vehicle will also slow down to a stop should the vehicles ahead of you come to a stop. When traffic picks back up, your car will automatically begin to follow.
- Evasive Steering Assist - This available feature can help make it easier to avoid a potential collision. It does not steer for you, but it provides steering support if the system warning goes off and you need to maneuver around the vehicle ahead.
- Lane-Keeping System - This feature keeps you in your lane, especially in a moment of distraction, by constantly scanning your positioning within your lane and alerting you should you deviate from it.
- Auto High Beam Headlights - Offered as a standard feature, the auto beam headlights can sense poor lighting conditions and automatically turn on to increase visibility. As an added plus for highway driving, it also senses when another vehicle is coming from the opposite direction and dims automatically.
At Lincoln Heights Ford on Richmond Road, your safety is our top priority, whether you’re driving in inclement or everyday weather. Ask one of our professional team members about all the standard and available safety features for the vehicle in which you’re interested. You’ll feel so much more confident knowing we’ve got you covered.